DO YOU KNOW: That since so many sightings of so-called “flying saucers” have been reported from the U.S.A., Canada, S. America, Europe, Africa, Australia, the Far East, etc., many of them having been witnessed by a number of persons, the public is becoming more and more convinced of their existence?
● That these objects have been reported as of various sizes and shapes, mostly disc-shaped, but also tube-, funnel-, oval-, and ring-shaped, also as strings of lights, spheres, green fireballs, colored lights, etc.?
● That after an investigation by the U.S. Government, many scientists and others, some of these reports have been explained as due to meteors, weather balloons, birds, aircraft, atmospheric reflections, hoaxes, etc., but that others, from known reliable sources, cannot be thus explained, hence the mystery remains unsolved?
● That the general conclusion in these unexplained cases is that they are either (1) some sort of secret weapon of some nation on earth, or (2) “space ships” from another planet, or (3) supernatural?
● That it is very unlikely that any nation would expose such a weapon to possible enemy capture and examination in so many countries until ready to use it in actual combat; that while the “flying saucers” often seem to indicate intelligent control, yet they are reported to make such sharp turns at such high speeds that no human being could withstand the centrifugal force, nor could any material substance travel so rapidly without becoming white-hot, due to friction; and that therefore the thought (1) of their being secret weapons has largely been abandoned?
● That astronomers report that there is no life on the other planets of our solar system, except very low forms of vegetation, such as mosses, which have been detected on Mars; that life such as we know it could not exist on them; and that our nearest star is so far away that we cannot see any planets that might be revolving about it, hence the idea (2) of their being “space ships” from another planet is untenable?
DO YOU KNOW: That this leaves for our consideration only the third (3) explanation — that the so-called “flying saucers” are supernatural?
● That those who look to God for the pure wisdom (James 1:5; 3:17) will not be left in darkness at this time (Dan. 12:9, 10; 1 Thes. 5:1-6), though the wisdom of the wise men perish (Isa. 29:14) and is proven foolish (1 Cor. 1:19, 20; 3:19, 20)?
● That in Dan. 12:1; Matt. 24:21, 24; Luke 21:25, 26, we are told that at the end of the Gospel Age there would be a great Time of Trouble such as never was before, accompanied by great signs and wonders: “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity [over the squandering of national assets, inflation, high taxes, bankruptcy of nations, corruption in high government circles, inability peacefully to solve world problems, Communism, etc.]; the sea and the waves [restless and lawless elements] roaring [against the bulwarks of the present social system]; men’s hearts failing them for fear [e.g., of atomic warfare], and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth; for the powers of heaven shall be shaken”?
● That these things were to attend Jesus’ Second Advent, and that, according to Luke 21:27, “then shall they see [with the eyes of their understanding, for the world will never again see Jesus in the flesh (John 14:19), since He is now a spirit being (2 Cor. 3:17; 5:16; 1 Pet. 3:18; 1 John 3:2; Heb. 1:3), invisible to the human eye (Col. 1:15; Ex. 33:20; 1 Tim. 6:16)] the Son of man coming in a cloud [of trouble, in this great Time of Trouble (Matt. 24:30; Psa. 18:7-13; Dan. 12:1; 7:13, 14; Joel 2:1-3; Zeph. 1:14-18; 3:8, 9)] with power and great glory”?
● That among Adam’s race there were no sons of God after Adam lost sonship for himself and the human family (Luke 3:38; Rom. 5:12, 15-19) until “the Word was made flesh” (John 1:14; Heb. 2:9, 14, 16) and then gave to those who received Him the power to become the sons of God (John 1:11, 12; Gal. 4:5-7); and that therefore the “sons of God” referred to in Gen. 6:2 could not have been human sons of God, but were angelic sons (Job 2:1; 38:7)?
DO YOU KNOW: That these “angels which kept not their first [original] estate, but left their own habitation” (in the spirit realm, by living on earth as men), dematerialized at the time of Noah’s Flood; that they were placed under chains (restraints) of darkness “unto the judgment of the great day” (2 Pet. 2:4; Jude 1:6); and that this is why until recently they have operated only at night (as “spooks,” “ghosts,” etc.), or in darkened rooms with lights dimmed, in “spirit seances” (the “secret chambers,” Matt. 24:26), or through apparitions, visions, etc., though now, in the judgment of the great day, the “time of trouble,” they manifest themselves more openly, often in daylight?
● That “signs and lying [deceiving] wonders” were to come in the Harvest—the end of the Gospel Age (Matt. 13:30, 38-40; Rev. 14:15-20; 2 Thes. 2:8-12)?
● That these lying, seducing spirits (1 Tim. 4:1), these wicked spirits in high (heavenly) places (Eph. 6:12, ASV), under “the prince of the power of the air” (Eph. 2:2), have played many tricks on mankind, such as palming themselves off as dead humans still alive, in support of Satan’s original lie, viz., that the dead are not really dead and unconscious (Gen. 3:3, 4; John 8:44; Eccl. 9:5, 10; Psa. 6:5; 115:17; Isa. 38:18, 19; 1 Cor. 15:16, 18); that thus they appear in séances (1 Sam. 28:13, 14; Isa. 8:19); that they obsess and possess humans, driving many insane (Mark 5:1-17); that they operate through spirit mediums (Acts 16:16-18); that they give visions, work miracles, haunt houses, slam doors, etc.?
● That, in view of all the above and many other evidences, we should not be astonished nor perplexed if these evil spirit beings are given greater liberty in many ways in this their judgment day, here in the end of the Gospel Age, when the Lord appears in the clouds (of trouble in this Time of Trouble), in flaming fire taking vengeance (2 Thes. 1:7, 8; Zeph. 3:8, 9) during the time of His Epiphany or “appearing” (2 Tim. 4:1), when He judges the “quick” (the new creatures and fallen angels, who are not of the “dead”— under a death sentence, as is the world; for no death sentence was pronounced upon the fallen angels, as it was upon Adam and his race, who as the “dead” will be judged during the coming “kingdom”)?
DO YOU KNOW: That this greater liberty now granted to the fallen angels could easily account for their greater boldness and startling manifestations on a larger scale, such as the reported balls of fire, green monsters, “flying saucers,” etc., recently seen world-wide in the heavens and on earth?
● That God’s people should not fear (Isa. 41:10, 13; Psa. 27:1; 46:1-11; 118: 8; 125:1), nor be amazed at “wonders in the heavens above and signs in the earth beneath” (Joel 2:30; Acts 2:19), but should look up, and lift up their heads with rejoicing, knowing that their deliverance draweth nigh and that the Kingdom of God is nigh at hand (Luke 21:28, 31), for which we still pray, “Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done in earth [universally] as it is in heaven”?